If you are in need of help of Basic Services including financial assistance (rent, mortgage, utilities), food, clothing and assistance with medical visits, prescriptions, vision exam, and professional counseling; and/or Education and Employment Services such as GED Prep. classes, Financial Literacy, and Workforce Training, please click on the service(s) of interest below and complete the application form for each one.
Completion of the application forms does not automatically approve you for the service you are requesting. Once your application is complete, please call (972) 727-9131 to schedule an appointment with a Case Manager to assist you further.
*** New clients ***
Bring proof of school enrollment, photo ID, lease, and proof of income.
– Basic Services: Food/Household items/Resale (clothing, etc.)
– Kids Summer Food & School Supplies: Bags of kid-friendly food for summertime and new school supplies for back to school for elementary and middle school children.
– Financial assistance for physician and specialist visits, lab work, radiology and prescriptions
GED Prep: for more information and to apply click here.
– On ground class (traditional classroom teaching)
– Online class
– Academic support groups
– Case Management and Coaching
– GED Test Financial Aid
Higher Education: please complete this application for all the services below.
– Financial Aid Application Assistance
– Scholarship Application Assistance
– Certification Application Assistance
– Online course
– Instructor based
– One-on-One budgeting and financial counseling
Workforce Training: please complete this application.
– Resume revision
– Interviewing skills
– Social Media best-practices
– Education assistance (must qualify)
– Employment referrals
– Employment placement (as openings are available)
– Employment application assistance
Each year, ACO helps thousands of men, women and children facing crisis avoid hunger and homelessness, gain financial security, and access needed healthcare.
We look forward to helping you!
Information and Referral
Information & Referral is a vital service to link people who need services to those who provide them. When in doubt as to where to turn for health and human service assistance, Allen Community Outreach’s Information & Referral serves as a facilitator, broker and advocate. As simple as a phone call, our helpful staff is available to assist you find answers during weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends please call 2-1-1 from either a land line or cell phone.