Supervisor: Chief Operating Officer
Classification: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
Hours: 24-30 hrs. per week
The Accountant reports to and is responsible for providing support to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Maintain accounts and balances in QuickBooks on a daily basis
- Ensure all Invoices are paid (Accounts Payable)
- Deposit all Revenue (Accounts Receivable) and Reclaim checks into Prosperity Bank
- Record all types of donations in QuickBooks
- Record and update all types of Grants in Salesforce
- Reconcile SalesForce to QuickBooks for all types of Grants, Donations, Client Services, Fund Development and Resale Operations
- Make journal entries as part of daily and monthly responsibilities
- Maintain W-9’s for all vendors, ensure correct set up in QuickBooks
- Perform 1099 Annual process (must be complete by 1/31)
- Perform monthly Sales Tax Reporting and reconcile sales tax accounts
- Reconcile and maintain Client Gas Cards (CoServ)
- Reconcile and maintain ACO Gift Cards (All others)
- Reconcile all bank and investment accounts and record JEs in QuickBooks
- Support and assist in recording sales from the stores as needed, reconcile to QuickBooks
- Make deposits at bank as needed as backup for resale and boutique cash deposits, obtain $ change as needed per resale store requests
- Scan and file documents for the department
- Support and provide assistance during the annual audit
- Provide support to the Chief Operating Officer, the Finance Department
- Perform work in the ACO office (vs. remotely).
- Proficient user of Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Knowledge and expertise in accounting principles.
- Expertise in QuickBooks Online is preferred.
- Knowledge of how to use Salesforce and Square preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, ability to research and resolve issues.
- Strong organizational skills and able to manage multiple activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness and drive to succeed working as a team.
- Support the ACO Mission.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work occasional evenings or weekends.