For children whose household resources are limited, the Free and Reduced-Price Meal Program at public schools helps provide a healthy breakfast and lunch every school day. But what happens when children are out of school for the summer?
Allen Community Outreach provides children in need with bags of healthy, easy-to-prepare breakfast and lunch foods through the annual Kids Summer Food Program.
How you can help ACO Kids Summer Food Program?
- Make a financial gift
- Deliver food donations to the ACO Food Pantry
(Mon, Weds, or Fri 9:00 am-4:00 pm)
(Tues, & Thurs, 12:30-4:00pm )
(Sat 10:00 am – 4:00pm at our curbside drop-off location)
now through Aug 1, 2019!
breakfast items needed:
- Low Sugar Breakfast Cereal
- Low Sugar Instant Oatmeal
- Granola Bars
- Dried Fruit and Nut Trail Mix
- Juice Boxes
- Shelf-Stable Milk and Almond Milk Boxes
lunch items needed:
- Low Sodium Pull-Top Soups
- Canned Pasta Meals like Ravioli
- Macaroni and Cheese Cups
- Shelf-Stable Pudding Cups
- Fruit Cups
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
ACO will add fresh fruit, dairy, bread, and lunch meat to your donated items to fill each bag.