Work for ACO
All Community Outreach
Resale Shop Associate
Contact Dana at email@example.com
Mission of ACO
To help our neighbors to prevent hunger and homelessness while working toward financial stability.
Vision of ACO
To create a community free of poverty one neighbor at a time.
ACO Resale Shop is a non-profit resale store that raises funds for All Community Outreach through selling donated goods from the public.
The Resale Associate is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service, generating sales, restocking merchandise, supporting the mission of ACO, and supporting the store management team. The position is also responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and order of the store’s facilities for safety, customer service and security. ACO Resale utilizes many volunteers weekly and this associate works alongside these volunteers and plays a role in the retention and appreciation of these volunteers.
The Resale Associate reports to the Store Leads, Store Manager, Director of Resale and Chief Community Development Officer.
• Ensure each customer receives outstanding customer service.
• Maintain awareness of all promotions or store events.
• Effectively educate customers about ACO, donation procedures and volunteer recruitment.
• Execute daily operational, day to day goals and priorities assigned by management.
• Assist in the training and development of volunteers.
• Uphold and maintain merchandising and store cleanliness standards.
• Be responsive to safety issues.
• Proactively address shoplifting concerns in the store according to store standards and expectations.
• Answer customer questions and provide information on procedures and policies.
• Perform the position with integrity, compassion and accountability.
• Attend meetings on a regular basis
• Operate cash registers with accuracy.
• Able to organize and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines in a time sensitive environment.
• Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
• Ability to respond quickly to change.
• Ability to develop good working relationships with customers.
• Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule that will include evenings and weekends.