Volunteer at ACO:
There are a variety of opportunities and invaluable experiences for volunteers at ACO.
We welcome groups and individuals to join us as we work together to make a genuine difference in the lives of the people we serve!
Resale Shops- Assisting staff with sorting and processing donations at our two Resale locations
Food Pantry- Assisting staff with accepting donations, sorting donated items, and stocking pantry shelves
Office- Assisting staff with clerical work, including answering phones and greeting guests at the front desk
Cares Center- Assisting staff with sorting and processing donations
Seasonal Events- Seasonal work during our Thanksgiving, Holiday, and Back to School programs
Donation Drives- Create a food drive from your neighborhood, at your school, work, or other organization
We offer corporate & group team building at our Food Pantry, Resale Stores, and Processing Center
- All volunteers must complete the application below
- Volunteers 18 and older will receive an email from Sterling Volunteers to process a background check. Fill out the form and pay the $18 processing fee. It takes 3-5 business days to process the background check once payment has been received. You will be notified by email once you have been approved
- Volunteers ages 15-17 may volunteer without a parent or adult present
- With permission of the Volunteer Services Manager, Children ages 12-14 may volunteer with a parent or adult present with them at all times
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to volunteer due to safety concerns. For other ideas on how your family can make a difference, email Colleen at firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome Court Appointed Community Service Volunteers. Anyone with a felony, theft, or assault on their record is not eligible to volunteer.